Job Title: Senior Project Manager with Government Agency Experience
Duration: 12 months
Required Skill Set/Skill Level/Experience:
- Any combination of education or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree with five years of project management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently communicate technical information, orally and in writing, with both technical and non-technical staff
- In depth knowledge/understanding of the PM methodology.
- Experience finding common ground with people with different perspectives.
- Broad understanding/awareness of SDLC & ALM tools and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of government organization.
- Strong ability to work effectively in a business and technical environment.
- Effectively uses technical project management tools.
- Strong initiative and ability to set stretch goals.
- Strong ability to negotiate effectively with business and IT partners on business requirements, scope, and project schedule.
- Strong ability to rally support among peers and business stakeholders in order to work effectively within challenging situations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to balance the need to gather detail with the need to solve the problem.
- Strong ability to identify and apply different communication mediums based on content and audience at all levels (both internal and external to Maine gov) to achieve intended goal.
- Advanced PC skills required (Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.)
- Preference given individuals that have experience with managing vendors.
Skill 1: Demonstrated ability to efficiently communicate technical information, orally and in writing, with both technical and non-technical staff
Skill 2: Experience collaborating with large institutions
Skill 3: Highly proficient in change management
- Facilitate the completion of deliverables within established timeframes and quality measures.
- Collaborate with vendor project management in order to facilitate adoption of ELS.
- Collaborate with project management and stakeholders in order to ensure clarity of project scope, roles and responsibilities.
- Assist with communication with the project partners and stakeholders.
- Consult with business leaders to define project goals, objectives, and scope.
- Work with project sponsors and the vendor to determine project plan, project schedule, and identify resources needed.
- Ensure business needs and objectives are effectively captured in project plan with a defined future state and project success measures that can be understood by project stakeholders, project team and others.
- Collaborate with sponsors, vendor, and stakeholders, so that all project plans are completed within defined timeframes, meeting objectives and strategic goals.
- Develop and implement communication and reporting mechanisms to manage issues, risks.
- Oversee business process discovery and trace delivery of business requirements through testing and final implementation.
- Leverage understanding of business requirement management and quality management in order to meet expected business solutions.
- Manage project quality through activities such as conducting appropriate reviews, obtaining approvals, taking corrective action when necessary.
- Ensure that project documentation is complete and current.
- Consult with senior project management mentor, as needed.
- Proactively establish and maintain cooperative, productive partnerships relating to project/deliverables.
- Promote the benefits of the ELS and act as a catalyst for change within the organization, while adapting to changes imposed by others.
- Organize and guide the activities of the SOM ELS team.
- Prioritize tasks to meet deliverables and commitments on time.
- Ensure that project member’s time and experience is well utilized.
- Recommend alternatives/options to minimize any schedule delay.
- Share project experience/knowledge and mentor others to help build project management skills
- Willing to work in onsite/offshore delivery model
- Willing to relocate as per requirements.
- Willing to work under Darkmoon Payroll