Darkmoon Jobs & Consulting Service Provider Since 2011
Project Roles and Responsibilities
WordPress Developer and Website Manager for multi-faceted role that includes, but is not limited to coding, maintenance, training, and support of all district public websites. This position is approximately 25% development, and 75% management.
• Local candidate that can and desires to work on campus.
• Designs, codes, and maintains department and school. WordPress websites within the Granite School District using both single and MultiSite functionalities.
• Provides training and support for department and school website content editors, who possess a wide range of existing skill levels. Parsing complicated concepts into coherent and relevant details with patience and understanding is essential.
• Helps to define business requirements for district websites, and then build custom functionality via plugins and themes to meet those requirements.
• Works with stakeholders to gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
• Ensures cross-browser and mobile compatibility of new features.
• Creates and maintains software and training documentation.
• Tracks usage data and make adjustments based on the resulting metrics.
• Maps out site navigation and content by recognizing schools’ patterns and understanding each school’s needs.
• Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchasing alternative software solutions; responsible for building, integrating, and maintaining any custom solutions.
• Maintains the WordPress hosting server as needed, including language and database upgrades.
• Protects sites by designing and installing security precautions.
• Assists schools and departments in performing system updates, software updates, and new installations.
• Integrates the network and each website with major search engines and analytics tools.
• Keeps current on the latest WordPress developments and best practices.
• Integrates 3rd party resources (e.g. Google Search and Translate) into the current sites and maintains those connections.
• Conducts regular audits for website content and use-cases.
• Integrates ADA compliance (WCAG AA) measures and verify that federal, state, and district regulations are being followed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Strong communication skills at all levels.
• Strong interpersonal skills along with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of people.
• Considerable working knowledge in website best practices (UX, ADA).
• Strong Knowledge of ADA and WCAG AA Coding and content standards
• Experience in UI and UX design.
• Working knowledge of graphic design and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Strong decision-making and organization skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities based on need, impact, reach, etc.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of software debugging, software and interface design, software development, user experience fundamentals, and database scripting and design
• Time management skills and the ability to work as a team when required, but be self-driven and capable of defining needed projects and seeing them through to the end.
Required Education, Training and Qualifications
• Preferred bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally-accredited university or college with:
o a major in computer science or a related field; or
o a minimum of two (2) years of experience in WordPress website development.
• Required Certifications in UI, UX, WordPress, PHP, Project Management, etc.
Candidate Profile Requirements
- Position Covers Application Installation & Support, Cloud Product Configuration, SAP Application Design, SAP Application Testing, SAP Core Product Development, Software Development
- Experience Required 3 Plus Years
- Relocation Need To Relocate as per Requirements
- Notice Period Immediate To 30 Days